Maui Style Potato Chips
Taste test: These kettle-cooked potato chips had a different recipe than other ones we've tried, and they were very good.
The chips were all crunchy, and many were brown around the edges. They were just slightly greasy, and some of the chips seemed to be semi-transparent. They tasted great, with lots of baked potato taste despite having hardly any salt taste that I could notice. Worth a trip to Hawaii to get some!
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good kettle-cooked potato aroma, like Cape Cod chips.
From the package: “Howzit, potato chip head! Check out our outrageous Original Flavor Maui Style Potato Chips. Made local style, on the isles, cooked in a kettle, but they don't taste like metal ...... More classic than a monster winter storm set pumping off Honolua Bay. Fresher tasting than the first ride of dawn patrol at Windmill's ... I mean, it's pretty weird to compare potato chips and surfing, but I'm just trying to tell you: Maui Style rules!”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Keith and Melissa in Hawaii. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road