Lay's Stax Salt & Vinegar
Taste test: These crisps were a heck of lot like Pringles, and they had a very good vinegar flavor with some zing.
I was very impressed by how intact the crisps were. Even though I accidentally knocked over the can a couple of times in my car, none of the crisps were broken, and they were perfectly stacked. At first, I gave the credit for this to the shape of the can, which is an oval rather than round like Pringles can, giving them less room to bounce around. But I also noticed that the crisps were slightly thicker than Pringles, which might also have prevented breakage. On the down side, the narrower can made it harder to reach in and grab crisps as the can got emptier. If you've got big hands, forget it.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly vinegar smell. Good.
From the package: “This product is naturally free of gluten” ... “Betcha Can't Eat Just One!®” ... “Flavored Potato Crisps”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Stax (37 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (405 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (285 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (166 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Price Chopper, Worcester, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Guacamole!
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Fritos Lime & Chile Corn Chips
- Takis Blue Heat
- Crunch 'n Munch Brownie Brittle Crunch Popcorn Clusters
- Pap's Spicy 100% Beef Stick
- Cheetos Bugles Seafood Flavor
- Hostess Wintermint Ding Dongs
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road