Lay's Stax Salt & Vinegar
Taste test: These crisps were a heck of lot like Pringles, and they had a very good vinegar flavor with some zing.
I was very impressed by how intact the crisps were. Even though I accidentally knocked over the can a couple of times in my car, none of the crisps were broken, and they were perfectly stacked. At first, I gave the credit for this to the shape of the can, which is an oval rather than round like Pringles can, giving them less room to bounce around. But I also noticed that the crisps were slightly thicker than Pringles, which might also have prevented breakage. On the down side, the narrower can made it harder to reach in and grab crisps as the can got emptier. If you've got big hands, forget it.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly vinegar smell. Good.
From the package: “This product is naturally free of gluten” ... “Betcha Can't Eat Just One!®” ... “Flavored Potato Crisps”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Stax (40 snacks)
- Potato Crisps (416 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (296 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (168 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2004
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road