Maui Style Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips
Taste test: We were VERY hungry after our 10 hours of flying from Boston to Hawaii, so when we spotted these chips in the local grocery store we grabbed a bag.
Because we were so hungry, we ended up eating half the bag on the first night. These chips are kettle cooked in the Maui style, which is similar to the Cape Cod style. They are very crunchy, oily without feeling too greasy, and there is just enough vinegar on the chip to remind you that you're eating a salt and vinegar chip. These are great chips, and if you're in Hawaii and are jonesing for some S&V chips, grab a bag of these.
Shop: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Somewhat vinegary smell.
From the package: “Howzit potato chip fans! So you're digging into this bag of Maui Style Salt & Vinegar chips and you're wondering: 'Why does Maui Style S&V taste SO killer?' Then you ask yourself: 'Is it the mellow, friendly people? The cool green valleys? The classic surf spots?... Oh, wait wait wait! I get'em I get'em: Maui, beach, ocean, SALT! A potato that spends six hours a day fishing on a perfect Maui beach is one SALTY buggah! And one LUCKY buggah, too! DAS WHY they taste so ono.' (And you, you one SMART buggah fo' figure it out!)”
Online store: Buy Frito-Lay snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road