Taste test: These ring-shaped snacks looked kind of like Ringolos or Hula Hoops, but they were much, much smaller.
I doubt anyone except maybe a newborn would be able to fit a finger inside one of these. They didn't even remotely resemble Doritos tortilla chips, but true to their Doritos heritage, they were made from corn. (Ringolos and Hula Hoops are made from potatoes.) The rings were very crunchy and tasted pretty good. They sort of tasted more like Fritos than Doritos.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice sweet, spicy barbecue smell.
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn, Vegetable Oil, Flavourings, Salt, Dextrose, Sugar, Flavour Enhancers (Monosodium Glutamate E-621, E-627, E-631), Wheat Flour. Contain Gluten”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Snacks from Israel (116 reviews)
- Barbecue Snacks (484 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Ring-shaped Snacks (75 snacks)
- Grill Flavored Snacks (8 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2004
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road