Go Snacks Cheetos Asteroids Flamin' Hot
Taste test: These hot cheese balls used to be sold in cans like this, and Frito-Lay has announced they're coming back in bags under the Flavor Shots brand.
They were pretty good. The recipe was probably quite similar to the regular Cheetos Crunchy Flamin' Hot (in crunchy stick form), but the experience of eating these was so different that it hardly reminded me of those at all.
Each ball was irregularly shaped (none of them were particularly close to being spherical) and about a half-inch in diameter. Each piece was small enough that you could pop several in your mouth at once, if you like to try that sort of thing. It was hard to pour just one at a time out of the convenient resealable container. The Asteroids were very crisp with a nice crunch, and after the crunch there was an impressive heat. Nothing particularly delicious about the taste, but hot enough to impress.
Want hotter? They have an Xxtra Flamin' Hot version too. One idea suggested by a patron of the chip bowl was that you could sneak some of these into someone's bowl of Cap'n Crunch to see how they react.
Shop: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Not much.
From the package: “Mini Cheese Flavored Crispy Corn Snacks” ... “Dangerously Cheesy®”
Online store: Buy Cheetos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Cheetos (111 snacks)
- All Flamin' Hot (38 snacks)
- All Go Snacks (13 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1022 snacks)
- Cheese Puffs (420 snacks)
- Snacks in Cans (293 snacks)
- Spherical Snacks (123 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in Orlando, Florida. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
- Señorial Bolitas Queso
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road