Tastee Island Style Vegetable Chips
Taste test: These were a lot like Terra chips, with the same sorts of exotic vegetables and a similar flavor.
Tastee says they vary the vegetables seasonally, and this bag seemed to contain just taro, red taro and sweet potato. It tasted good, but taro chips are always a bit gamey, plus there weren't many sweet potato chips in this bag, and they were not all that crisp. Terra chips generally include a wider variety of vegetables in the bag, with several different textures, providing some balance for the taro chips.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good, smells like Terra chips.
From the package: “Tastee backs its new Island Style Mixed Vegetable Chips with more than 25 years of experience making unique and delicious snacks.” ... “We hand craft our chips in small kettle batches using exotic vegetables and all natural ingredients.” ... “This bag contains a seasonal mixture of Taro Root, Sweet Potatoes, Red Taro Root (taro colored with beet juice), Purple Potatoes, Batata, Parsnips, High Oleic Safflower Oil and/or High Oleic Sunflower Oil and/or Canola Oil, and Sea Salt.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Tastee Apple, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Ocean State Job Lot. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Lacta Laka Chocolate Branco
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road