Doritos Edge Nacho Cheesier (low carb)
Taste test: If you've been suckered into trying the low-carb lifestyle as a way to lose weight (eat less and exercise more!), then you deserve to be fooled into thinking that these snacks will help you attain that lifestyle.
Like low-fat snacks before it, these low-carb chips try to replicate the taste of Doritos while taking out the carbohydrates. I guess they used soy to achieve this (it's on the bag description). The taste, however, is awful. The chips are less crunchy than the normal Doritos, and it leaves a very odd, gritty aftertaste in your mouth, as if the chips crumble in your mouth. We had about three of these chips before running to the water bottle to wash our mouth out. If you wanted, you could just lick the nacho cheese powder off the chip and then discard it, but we think that's kind of weird.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: They don't smell like regular Doritos, that's for sure. Kind of a dry, cheesy smell.
From the package: “Introducing Doritos Edge Tortilla Chips (made from soy and corn)! With 6g net carbs per serving, Doritos Edge tortilla chips deliver the great taste and crunch you've been craving as part of your low-carb lifestyle. Enjoy the great taste and crunch, as well as 6g net carbs, 3g dietary fiber, 10g protein.”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (149 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Nacho Cheese Chips (130 snacks)
- Atkins Diet snacks (32 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Keith at Old Colony Market, Southborough, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road