Taste test: Over the years, there have been many attempts by Nabisco to improve upon the Fig Newton, taking the same basic structure and using various other fillings such as apple and strawberry.
I don't know why Nabisco bothers, since Fig Newtons have always been great as is. These follow the pattern, except that they've got a dual filling. Immediately inside the cookie covering is the apple, and within the apple is a visibly different stripe of caramel. So you really get two layers of apple and one of caramel. The cookies tasted good, with a very sweet apple taste, but it really didn't taste like a caramel apple. I would rather eat a Fig Newton. Or a an actual caramel apple. (On the plus side, this was a lot less messy to eat than a caramel apple.)
Shop: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like apple pie. A hint of caramel too.
From the package: “Newtons® moist, golden cake is bursting with delicious dessert taste, made with real apple filling and a sweet caramel crème center. It's everything you could ever want in a dessert ... in a Newton.”
Online store: Buy cookies on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
- Nestlé Lion (Poland)
- Clover Valley Chili Cheese Corn Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road