Taste test: This snack box consisted of a 1.5-oz. bag of Chips to Go White & Light Gourmet Tortilla Chips; a single-serve packet of La Victoria Salsa to Go; a bag containing two Darcia Crostini Rosemary Crackers; Belle Creme Gourmet Spread; a small bag of Orchard Fruit Mix; a Delyse Supreme Almond Cookie; a single Mentos mint; and a knife.
The chips were small, flat and rectangular, and fairly thick. The salsa was very tasty, not hot at first, but it did have a hot aftertaste. There were lots of chips in the bag, so this heavy dipper ran out of salsa before chips. The cracker package had two huge, strong tasy crackers. It was easy to spread the smooth cheese on the crackers, or to dip the crackers into the cheese, and it was a nice combination of tastes. The cookie was soft, but I'm not an almond fan, so I didn't like the taste. The fruit mix included both light and dark raisins; dried banana chunks; apple chunks; and pineapple chunks. The fruit pieces were very small, and all of it was sweet. The pineapple pieces were just on the edge of being too sweet, which often happens when anyone tries to sugarize pineapple.
One very nice thing is that none of the items in the box made any significant crumbs, which is important when you're eating on a train. Overall, quite an eclectic mix.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
From the package: “Delyse provides a full collection of gourmet cookies and snack items made in the French tradition for your indulgence.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Delyse, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Tortilla Chips (591 snacks)
- Fruit Snacks (423 snacks)
- Crackers (213 snacks)
- Snack & Dip Kits (49 snacks)
- Airline Snacks (37 snacks)
Trivia: Amtrak serves the Surfliner box on some of its trains.
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road