Taste test: This box was packed with quite a lot of stuff: Tortilla chips, cheese sauce, salsa, a "Radical Gel Stick" and 8 ounces of Hawaiian Punch.
I think the "loco" name of the overall package is based on the coloration of the tortilla chips. They're round chips, about an inch in diameter, and they come in four colors: standard tortilla chip yellow, bright Kelly green, bright red, and bright cyan blue. The colors were so shocking that it seemed a bit unnatural. But they were perfectly good chips, especially when dipped in the smooth, mild picante salsa and the cheese sauce. Neither the cheese nor the salsa had any heat, but they were both tasty, and there was just about enough of each to get a good amount onto each of the dozen or so chips. The "Radical Gel Stick" was basically a clear ketchup packet filled with red Jell-O. The Hawaiian Punch went well with the chips and dips, and the taste brought back some memories.
Shop: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: The salsa and cheese both smelled good. Not much aroma to the chips.
From the package: The package has a picture of a whistling locomotive, along with instructions for how to “make your own whistle pipes” using six plastic straws, plus “fun facts about pipes.”
Online store: Buy tortilla chips on Amazon #ad
Company: ConAgra Foods
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Keith and Melissa at Price Chopper, Worcester, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Lacta Laka Diamante Negro
- Pap's Genuine Beef Jerky Blazin Cajun Style Thin Cut
- Trader Joe's Sea Salted Saddle Potato Crisps
- StarKist Tuna Creations Sweet & Spicy
- Jack Link's White Meat Chicken Tender Bites Original
- Krispy Kreme Doughnuts Mini Crullers Original Glazed
- Trader Joe's Organic Milk Chocolate Truffle
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road