Chex Mix Trail Mix
Taste test: This mix consists of sweetened corn and wheat Chex, small round pretzels, 2x2 grid pretzels (called "Window Pretzels" on the bag), peanuts, raisins and "candy coated chocolatey pieces" (also known as imitation M&Ms).
It's a good mix, with all of the elements quite eatable, on the sweet side overall. Both kinds of pretzels were light in color, far closer to yellow than they were to brown, with a good amount of salt. The fake M&Ms were slightly smaller than regular M&Ms, and they definitely tasted different, but not bad. The Chex were a surprise, as they didn't just use the standard ones you would find in a cereal box, but rather a lightly sweetened version. The raisins were small but OK. The peanuts were OK. The peanuts, raisins and fake M&Ms were underrepresented, even after I mixed it up, and they had all sunk to the bottom of the bag. Pretty good mix overall.
Shop: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells like Peanut M&Ms.
From the package: “A uniquely sweet & salty experience” ... “Product may have settled during shipping.” ... “50% less fat than leading trail mixes”
Online store: Buy Chex Mix on Amazon #ad
Company: General Mills
Categories for this snack:
- All Chex Mix (37 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Nuts (513 snacks)
- Snacks containing cereal (158 snacks)
- Raisins (76 snacks)
- Trail Mixes (48 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2004
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road