Taste test: As a fan of ketchup-flavored chips, I was thrilled to see that Doritos was offering a ketchup flavor. The color of the chips was a lot like the Nacho Cheesier flavor, but maybe a bit more red, rather than orange.
The taste was definitely a change from your usual Doritos, and it was a very good, tangy ketchup flavor. But I think that a good ketchup potato chip tastes better — potato and ketchup just go together better than a corn and ketchup. Still, a very good chip, and a worthy effort at making a new Doritos flavor.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells mostly like spicy, vinegary ketchup, with just a bit of corn chip smell in there too.
From the package: “Hey! You like ketchup and so do we! Doritos brand Ketchup has all the ketchup flavour your mouth can handle! Nice!” ... “Vous adorez le ketchup et nous aussi! La saveur de ketchup de marque Doritos est tellement intense qu'elle explose dans votre bouche! Génial!”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Ketchup Chips (68 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2003
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road