Grippo's Maxi-Snax Bar-B-Q Potato Chips
Taste test: These were very good barbecue chips. The first thing I noticed upon opening the bag was the very dense coating of flavor powder. There was a lot of powder, and it did stick to the chips — unlike some other heavily powdered chips, such as Boyer's, where the powder doesn't stick and gets all over you. These were fairly thick and had a very soft crunch.
The flavor was sweet, tasty and intense when first biting in, but then it surprised with a moderately hot aftertaste that lingered for quite a while. Very good.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Strong barbecue aroma, a bit hot.
From the package: “No preservatives” ... “Ingredients: Selected Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (100% Soybean Oil, Partially Hydrogenated), Salt, Sugar, Smoked Torula Yeast, Wheat Flour, Paprika, Monosodium Glutamate, Red Pepper, Onion Powder, Peanut Oil, Garlic Powder, not more than 2% Calcium Stearate and Calcium Silicate added as an anticaking agent.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Grippo Potato Chip Co., Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at BP gas station, Covington, Kentucky. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road