Evans Hot Sauce Flavored Cheese Nibs
Taste test: These look like short, stubby cheese puffs, except that they've got a fiery red coloring. The texture is sort of crunchy but a bit styrofoamy, and the taste is pretty hot, but without a whole lot of other appeal as far as the flavor goes. If you like hot stuff, they're OK, but given the wide variety of hot-flavored snacks available in the Chicago area, you can do a lot better than these.
The competing Jay's Hot Stuff Crunchy Cheezlets win over these in both texture and taste, with a far superior crunch and a way better flavor. Still, this was a pretty big bag of snacks for just 50 cents.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Interesting. It doesn't actually smell hot or make my mouth water, but it smells much different than regular cheese puffs, and it does smell good.
From the package: “Serving Size 1 bag (64g) Servings Per Container 1 Calories 350 Calories from Fat 190”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Company: Service, Sales & Distribution, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Walgreen's on North Michigan Ave., Chicago. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
- Sara Lee For Me! Cinnamon Crumb Cake
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road