Planters Nut Poppers Cheddar
Taste test: These are definitely one of the more unusual snacking concepts that we've seen recently. For whatever reason, the good folks at Planters concluded that consumers are demanding a spherical snack with a peanut in the center, bright orange cheddar cheese powder on the outside, some sort of crunchy shell below the powder, and a lighter cheese puff-type layer in between.
When you bite in, there is a pop as the other shell shatters. It's an unusual combination of flavors, mixing together peanuts and cheese puffs. First you get the cheese taste, then the peanut. The taste isn't awful, but it's definitely kind of strange. Maybe it's an acquired taste.
I'd recommend popping the whole Popper into your mouth and then biting in, because if you hold the Popper between your fingers as you bite in, the whole thing shatters into several pieces and you end up with kind of a mess.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Smells mostly like peanut butter, but with some cheese smell as well — not exactly the perfect combination of aromas.
From the package: “Planters Starts With Whole, Fresh-Roasted Peanuts And Surrounds Them With A Crispy, Crunchy Coating Seasoned With Delicious Snack Flavors. Planters Nut Poppers Is the Perfect Bite-Sized Snack!”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road