Trader Joe's Wasabi Rice Chips
Taste test: These chips look suspiciously identical to the Mr.
Krispers rice chips, with rice molded into the shape of a slightly rippled potato chip, with spotty results, depending on the flavor. The choice of wasabi as the flavor for these is definitely an improvement. There's a pretty good, yet mild, wasabi kick when you eat them, and you can almost feel the steam shooting out your nostrils right when it hits. It's not as strong of a kick as the Eden Wasabi Chips, but it's OK. The underlying rice chip is nothing great, as rice chips tend to be subpar. Once the wasabi kick has receded after a second or so, you're left with a bland rice chip.
Shop: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of strange, and not like wasabi.
From the package: “Trader Joe's Rice Crisps are a healthy twist on a favorite snack. Think of them as a cross between a potato chip and a rice cake, with some serious flavor. Made with all-natural ingredients and no preservatives, these light, crispy chips are baked, not fried, so you get all the taste of your favorite snack with absolutely no saturated fat!"”
Online store: Buy Trader Joe's food on Amazon #ad
Company: Trader Joe's
Categories for this snack:
- Rice Chips (84 snacks)
- Wasabi or Horseradish Chips (63 snacks)
- Rice Cakes (42 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2003
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road