Mr. Krispers Natural Gourmet Rice Chips Sour Cream & Onion
Taste test: These are shaped sort of like rippled potato chips, but they're actually made from Rice.
Normally, rice-based snacks tend to lack flavor. As a sour cream and onion fan, I was eager to try these to see if they would buck that trend. Unfortunately, they didn't. When you first bite in, there might be a slight sensation of onion powder on your tongue for about a millisecond, but once that's gone, it's all rice chip taste, and it's not a taste that's particularly good. I think I'm going to stick with potato chips.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Doesn't really smell like sour cream or onion. Kind of chemically.
From the package: “Mr. Krispers likes to remind everyone that it's 'Krispers with a K' which is unusual as far as spelling goes but somehow befitting the uncommonly good taste of his Natural Gourmet Rice Chips. His mantra has always been 'rice is nice but taste is the true delight.' To that end, his baked rice chips are flavorful while still being low in fat and cholesterol free. Light and crispy with an extra crunchy quality, they charm one's taste while stilling being all natural, healthy and better for you.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: Terra Harvest Foods, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Sour Cream & Onion Chips (138 snacks)
- Rice Chips (84 snacks)
- Rice Cakes (42 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2003
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road