Ruffles Sour Cream & Onion Potato Chips
Taste test: Welcome back! It has been a long time living in the snack world without Ruffles making a sour cream & onion chip.
Way back in the 80s, they had the best SC&O chip on the planet. Then, for some reason, they changed the flavor to 'French Onion', and then went to the 'Extreme' version, and then dropped it altogether. Now, the flavor that we grew up with and loved so much is back on store shelves, with a new bag, etc. The other big change is that these chips are now in the 'new' style of having the wider ridges. The chips are also a bit thicker than before. We liked the old, tight ridges, in fact, it's one reason we still gobble through a bag of Wachusett Sour Cream & Onion in one sitting. But it's hard to argue with the king of sour cream & onion at the moment, Frito-Lay, which with Ruffles and the Lay's version, dominates this flavor at the moment.
Shop: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Smell test: No particular aroma.
From the package: “Ruffles Sour Cream & Onion Flavored Potato Chips give you the full, satisfying taste you've come to expect from Ruffles. With its big flavor ridges, Ruffles is the perfect chip to deliver the Ultimate in Sour Cream flavor! Made with Tangy Sour Cream and a Hint of Onion Flavor, Ruffles Sour Cream & Onion Flavored Potato Chips are the perfect chips to satisfy your snack craving.”
Online store: Buy Ruffles on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Ruffles Potato Chips (50 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (599 snacks)
- Sour Cream & Onion Chips (138 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Keith at Old Colony Market, Southborough, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road