Smith's Potato Crisps Ham & Keen's Mustard
Taste test: Like the Bega Strong & Bitey flavor, in this new variety, Smith's is trying to capture distinct a Australian flavor.
I delegated the tasting of these to my deputy as I am not a meat eater, and the idea of ham-flavored chips does not appeal (although I should note that no real meat goes into the preparation of these chips, so they are safe for vegetarians who still like meat). However, my deputy was not as impressed with these chips as he was with both the Bega flavour and the Heinz Big Red & Meat Pie flavour. These chips were very salty, and the mustard flavour did not work as well as was hoped. Fans of other ham-flavored chips should probably give these a go!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: An unusual ham aroma.
From the package: “Great Australian Tastes” ... “Creating Great Australian Flavours has always been a passion at Smith's. That's why we have combined the real Australian potato taste of delicious Smith's Crisps with the tangy, marinated mustard seeds of Keen's Mustard complemented with a delicate ham flavour. This perfect partnership of two Australian icons delivers one of our best flavour combinations making Smith's Crisps a truly Great Australian Taste!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Australia (97 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (111 snacks)
- Mustard Chips (62 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2003
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road