Smith's Potato Crisps Ham & Keen's Mustard
Taste test: Like the Bega Strong & Bitey flavor, in this new variety, Smith's is trying to capture distinct a Australian flavor.
I delegated the tasting of these to my deputy as I am not a meat eater, and the idea of ham-flavored chips does not appeal (although I should note that no real meat goes into the preparation of these chips, so they are safe for vegetarians who still like meat). However, my deputy was not as impressed with these chips as he was with both the Bega flavour and the Heinz Big Red & Meat Pie flavour. These chips were very salty, and the mustard flavour did not work as well as was hoped. Fans of other ham-flavored chips should probably give these a go!
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: An unusual ham aroma.
From the package: “Great Australian Tastes” ... “Creating Great Australian Flavours has always been a passion at Smith's. That's why we have combined the real Australian potato taste of delicious Smith's Crisps with the tangy, marinated mustard seeds of Keen's Mustard complemented with a delicate ham flavour. This perfect partnership of two Australian icons delivers one of our best flavour combinations making Smith's Crisps a truly Great Australian Taste!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Australia (97 reviews)
- Potato Chips (1984 snacks)
- Meat Flavored Chips (115 snacks)
- Mustard Chips (62 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Mairéad Doolan in Australia. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- StarKist Tuna Creations Hickory Smoked
- Stacy's Pita Thins Garlic & Herbs
- Stacy's Pita Thins Five Cheese
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road