Lay's Tastes of America Monterey Pepper Jack Potato Chips
Taste test: I'm not big on monterery pepper jack as a cheese gourmet, so am unclear about whether these actually taste like that flavor of cheese.
However, there is a slight pepper kick to it, kind of like a jalapeno pepper, without all the heat associated with it. The chips themselves are standard Lay's, so they're not extremely greasy or extremely dry, they don't overpower the powder. Just enough spice to leave some heat aftertaste, this would be a good "starter chip" for someone who wanted to enjoy hot chips without having to race for a glass of water.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: There's an aroma there but I can't place it. Slighty cheesy?
From the package: “Just north of Big Sur, California, you'll find Monterey famous for its dramatic coastline, emerald golf courses and tide pools that are abundant with marine life. Monterey also boasts a delicious namesake a mild white cheese with spicy chili pepper accents. Monterey Pepper Jack Flavored Chips are the perfect blend of the taste of this delectable cheese and original Lays potato flavor. Open up a bag and enjoy a true Northern California taste experience!”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Limited Editions (414 snacks)
- Cheese (314 snacks)
Trivia: Go to www.lays.com to vote for the next two flavors in Lay's "Taste of America" brand.
This snack was discovered by Keith and Melissa at Friendly Farms, Framingham, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Blekis Bléo Crème
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road