Meiji Onion Soup Puffs
Taste test: These are shaped a kind of like cheese puffs, such as Puffed Jax, but aren't puffed as big an have an oval cross-section, vs.
the rounder Jax. They're are fairly uniform in size and shape (it's a "C" shape, and there don't seem to be any non-rounded ones in the bag). If you're expecting the taste of Funyuns, you'll be disappointed, because they actually do taste like onion soup a nice taste.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Wow, it actually does smell like onion soup.
From the package: “Ingredients: Corn, Plam (sic) Oil Kelp, Soy Sauce Powder, Flavoring, Salt.”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (171 reviews)
- Non-cheese Puffs (129 snacks)
- Onion Snacks (114 snacks)
- Soup Snacks (22 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2003
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kotobukiya in the Porter Exchange, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published April 2003.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Cheddar
- Milka Caramel
- Hal's New York Kettle Chips Sea Salt & Vinegar
- 7 Select Flavored Jumbo Peanuts Wasabi Soy
- Jacob's Baked Crinklys Cheese & Onion
- Trolli Sour Crunchy Crawlers
- Yupi Gople Con Todo Original
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road