Taste test: After reading the back of the bag (see below), I was expecting a mound of flavoring on these chips, and by gum there was! There is so much salt and vinegar on each of these chips that you almost forget that you're eating a potato chip.
If you like your chips with lots of flavor powder, you can't go wrong here. I've gotten used to the taste of salt & vinegar chips, so there's no wincing anymore, but if this was the first time I had tried a salt & vinegar chip, I can guarantee I would have winced. You might need a napkin to wipe off the extra salt powder from your hands on these chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: There's so much vinegar aroma in this that my nose twitched when I sniffed the bag. Smell with caution!
From the package: “You know when you're eating a bag of chips and you hit that one perfect chip coated with so much flavour that your taste buds do a little happy dance? [Editor's note: Yes! Yes! Yes! Hence this Interweb site!] Well, every single Rave chip is just like that. Using the latest in taste technology combined with a little TLC, we cram extra flavour on every Rave chip often twice as much as lesser chips so you get more pleasure with every bite. Rave for people who crave extra flavour on every chip!”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2036 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (168 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2003
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published January 2003.
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Doritos 3D's Nacho Cheesier
We tweet every review!
- Euro Chips Classic Salted Potato Chips
- Toddy Malhado com Gotas Brancas e Pretas
- Like Home Sponge Cake
- Gopal Wafers Salty Punch
- Lay's Creme Brulee Milk Tea
- Lacta Lancy
- Ruffles Double Crunch Spicy Cheddar Jack
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road