Calbee Potato Chips (Orange Bag)
Taste test: These are really good, very flavorful plain potato chips.
Not being able to read Japanese, I don't know if the bag says that they're made from Russet potatoes, but that's what they taste like. Quite a good chip. The bag had been shipped from Japan to Massachusetts by the time I bought it, but the chips were still large and unbroken, and the bag was just about full.
Shop: Buy Calbee snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very potatoey, sort of like Russet potatoes.
From the package: “Ingredients: Potato, Palm Oil, Glucose, Salt, Artificial Flavor, Sweeteing (sic).” ... “Product of Japan” ... “Item No. F174”
Online store: Buy Calbee snacks on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Kotobukiya in the Porter Exchange, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Takis Blue Heat
- Pelly Pellets Jamón
- Lay's Wavy Original Potato Chips Dipped in Milk Chocolate
- Fragrance Mala Salted Egg Fish Skin
- Smartfood Cap'n Crunch's Crunch Berries Popcorn Mix
- Johnny Apple Treats
- Nestlé Crunch Amendoim
- Walkers Stax Original
- Alexander the Grape
- StarKist Bold Creations Premium Tuna with Rice & Beans
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road