Taste test: This is similar in concept to Crunchy Cheetos, but the taste and texture are kind of different.
The taste is sort of like your typical cheese curl, but there are some strange (and not good) flavors mixed in too. The curls are crunchy, but in a different way than Cheetos. The cheese powder on the outside is sort of clumped together, but so it leave some larger particles of cheese residue on your fingers. Overall, kind of edible but not that good.
Shop: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Kind of a strange smell, not good. Our tasters variously described as feet or cat food.
From the package: “Product of El Salvador” ... “Ingredients: Degerminated Corn Meal, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Olein or Cotton Seed Oil (with TBHQ-Citric Acid-Propylene Glycol to preserve freshness), Cheddar Cheese Powder, Whey, Iodized Salt, Disodium Phosphate (emulsifying agent), Monosodium Glutamate, Red Pepper, Artificial Colors: FD&C Yellow No. 6 and Yellow No. 5, FD&C Red No. 3, Annato Extract.”
Online store: Buy cheese puffs on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Brothers Market, Cambridge, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
- Lay's White Rabbit Rich Toffee
- Lay's Oyster Vermicelli
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road