Terra Spiced Taro Chips
Taste test: If you're a fan of ordinary potato chips with normal-sounding flavors, it might seem like quite a risk to try something as exotic as a taro chip spiced with ginger, coriander and lemongrass.
We're potato chips fans, but we chose to take that risk anyway, and these chips are a definite winner. The taro chips themselves look sort of like very light-colored potato chips with hundreds of tiny purplish-brown ink smudges on them. They're very crunchy, with a gamier feel to them than potato chips, similar to yuca chips. The spices are very tasty and quite aromatic, but they're not so strong as to overpower the chip.
Shop: Buy Terra Chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice, gingery smell with other good aromas mixed in.
From the package: “Taro, also known as malanda and dasheen, is distinguished by its characteristic purplish-brown lines. A native to southeast Asia, it was first cultivated over 4,000 years ago, and introduced across the Pacific by ancestors of the Polynesians. ... We at Terra Chips® have chosen a provocative assortment of spices from around the world to give our Spiced Taro Chip a flavorful twist. Starting with the deliciously nutty flavor of taro, we've added a special blend of aromatic spices. Delicate tones of lemongrass and ginger, balanced with subtle accents of coriander and garlic combine to engage the senses.”
Online store: Buy Terra Chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Hain Celestial Group, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Vegetable Chips (149 snacks)
- Unusual Flavors (95 snacks)
- Ginger Snacks (57 snacks)
- Taro Snacks (20 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Whole Foods Market (formerly Bread & Circus). Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road