Lay's Tastes of America San Antonio Salsa Artificially Flavored Potato Chips
Taste test: These have a very good but not overpowering salsa flavor, and they were quite a hit around the chip bowl.
They really do taste like salsa. The taste is a lot like the salsa that they serve at good Mexican restaurants (it reminds me of the salsa at the Border Cafe in Harvard Square). The amount of flavoring varied a lot from one chip to the next, and the flavor was by no means hot, but it was distinctive enough and had just enough zing to it that the bag emptied quickly. Another big plus was that the bag contained many large, unbroken chips. A winner.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice barbecue smell.
From the package: “Lay's® Tastes of America™ Potato Chips are the ideal way to experience the unique flavors from across America without ever leaving home. Twice a year, we will introduce two new flavors from different regions of the country. Each flavor will be around for a limited time only, so enjoy them while they last. San Antonio is known for many things — the historic battle at the Alamo, the pristine beauty of the River Ralk and the panoramic views seen from the Tower of the Americas. But another thing that has made San Antonio famous is its salsa — the kind that blends the mouthwatering taste of fresh tomatoes, peppers and onions. This unique taste experience is exactly what our San Antonio Salsa Artificially Flavored Potato Chips capture for you.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Limited Editions (412 snacks)
- Salsa Chips (89 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in Brighton, Massachusetts. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road