Walkers Sensations Four Cheese and Red Onion Flavour Crisps
Taste test: These are good chips.
Putting the flavor aside for a second, the chips themselves are slightly thicker and noticeably crisper than the regular Walkers chips. They're conventional rather than kettle-cooked chips, but they have a very nice crunch. The taste is good, but both the onion and the cheese tastes are subtle, rather than overpowering. Four cheeses seems like a lot to fit into a taste this subtle. I thought these Sensations were going to be the English equivalent of the premium Lay's Bistro Gourmet line sold in the United States, as they're in fancy packaging that feels thicker than the regular Walkers bags and has "Sensations" is in larger type than the Walkers logo, similar to how "Bistro Gourmet" is used to extend the Lay's brand. But the Bistro Gourmet flavors that I've tried tend to be much more heavily flavored than these.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very, very nice onion and cheese aroma. It smells both oniony and creamy.
From the package: “Walkers Sensations are a new taste experience crunchier potato crisps bursting with irresistible flavours. Four Cheese and Red Onion combines smooth Red Leicester, full-bodied Cheddar, mellow Gouda and piquant Parmesan. Sweet, tangy red onion is added to make this a deliciously indulgent treat.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Walkers Potato Crisps (68 snacks)
- All Sensations (14 snacks)
- Snacks from the UK (329 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2020 snacks)
- Cheese & Onion Chips (47 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2002
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road