Barcel Ondas Chamoy
Taste test: These are some very impressive chips.
They're narrow-ripped, fairly thick and extremely crisp — so they've got a great crunch when you bite into them. The flavor almost defies categorization, because it's unlike any other chip I've tried — it's both ketchupy, vinegary, tangy and hot, all at the same time. The heat is mildly strong, and there's a good, lingering aftertaste.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Slightly ketchupy or vinegary, but not that strong.
From the package: “Atrapan tus sentidos” ... “La onda esta así por su grosor saben mucho a papa y en sus canalitos se concentra todo et sabor a chamoy tan acidito que son irresistibles. Siéntelas y vibra con su explosio sabor que atrapará tus sentidos. También siente el crujiente sabor de ondas sal.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Mexico (126 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2016 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1064 snacks)
- Ripple Chips (606 snacks)
- Vinegar Chips (168 snacks)
- Ketchup Chips (68 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2002
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road