Boulder Potato Company Habanero Intense Potato Chips!
Taste test: These are fairly hot chips.
The heat is moderate when you're eating the first chip, but it kicks up a notch during the aftertaste and keeps growing as you eat subsequent chips. It's not painfully hot for the true lover of hot chips, but hot enough that most people would seek out a cold beverage. The aftertaste linger for quite a while. Besides the heat, there's nothing really special about the flavor of these chips.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A hot smell, pretty good. Makes your mouth water.
From the package: “According to culinary legend, the potato chip originated in 1853 at a fashionable New York restaurant when railroad magnate Cornelius Vanderbilt sent his fried potatoes back to the kitchen, complaining they were too thick. Annoyed, chef George Crum scornfully sliced some potatoes into a kettle of oil and fried them to a crisp. The result was a hit and the potato chip was born. Today our family operates the Boulder Potato Company in Boulder, Colorado. Using a simple family recipe, we kettle-cook select potatoes in small batches using high monosaturated sunflower and/or safflower oil, both of which are extremely low in saturated fat. We use totally natural ingredients, hand-rake every batch, and test chips at every stage of preparation to ensure quality and taste.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Company: Boulder Potato Company
Categories for this snack:
- All Boulder Canyon (21 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Habanero Chips (52 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Denver Airport. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road