Lay's Kettle Cooked Extra Crunchy Jalapeño Potato Chips
Taste test: These are very crisp kettle-style chips with a kind of weak jalapeño flavor and minimal jalapeño heat.
If you eat them at a normal pace with sips of a cold beverage in between chips, you might not notice any heat at all. If you eat several chips in fast succession with no beverage breaks, you'll taste some actual jalapeño flavor and feel some slight heat in the aftertaste. For those who are in it for the heat, I'd suggest trying some other hot chips besides these. But these aren't bad chips, if you want a regular potato chip with a slight jalapeño edge to it.
Shop: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good medium-strength jalapeño smell.
From the package: “Get ready to taste some of the crunchiest potato chips around! At Lay's® brand we took everything we know about making America's favorite potato chips and created our Kettle Cooked Potato Chips. We make them the old-fashioned way — sliced thick and kettle cooked to lock in the natural potato flavor and extra crunch.”
Online store: Buy Lay's on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Lay's Potato Chips (227 snacks)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Hot Snacks (1043 snacks)
- Jalapeno Chips (241 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy in Las Vegas. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road