Doritos Ranchero Tortilla Chips
Taste test: These are shaped like regular Doritos, but they've got a flavor powder on them that gives the chips a darker color.
They're kind of slightly hot, but certainly not super-hot. Tangy enough to startle you if you didn't know they'd be this flavorful, but probably not hot enough that you'll go running desperately for a beverage. The flavoring is a combination of lots of different spices, all competing for your attention, but the one that actually stands out most is the lime. I'm not a huge fan of limes, so it doesn't do much for me. But if you're looking for a tangy, Mexican-style Dorito, this could be the one if you want more tanginess and less heat. If you want heat, I'd go with Salsa Verde Doritos.
Shop: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Smell test: A good, strong smell of chili, not really hot, though.
From the package: “The bold Ranchero mix of traditional Mexico is now on Doritos® tortilla chips!”
Online store: Buy Doritos on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Doritos (152 snacks)
- Tortilla Chips (594 snacks)
- Chili Chips (233 snacks)
- Snacks that rhyme with (Justice Sam) Alito (207 snacks)
- Lime Snacks (158 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2002
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road