Taste test: This was a special kind of pretzel designed for kids. They came in special shapes and were supposed to have some honey flavor. The taste was a bit different from regular pretzels, and that probably had something to do with the honey that has been added. However, there was quite a bit of salt too, which kind of neutralized the effect of the honey, so after eating a few, they really didn't taste much different from ordinary pretzels.
The ones that were supposed to be shaped like a dogs didn't look much like dogs — they looked more like penguins. And I was thrown off a bit by the fact that some of these were shaped like people — it seemed remotely cannibalistic to be eating those (thought that one didn't really taste any different from the others).
Shop: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sort of a honey aroma.
From the package: “The Perfect Pretzel for Kids with a touch of Honey” (and there's a picture of a bee, flying away from a beehive) ... “5 Fun Shapes” ... “Dear Kidzels Kidz ...... We thought we'd write to let you know how Kidzels are now packed with more fun and taste than ever! We think Kidzels are 'The Perfect Pretzel for kids', and why not, after all, it was a Kid who thought up the idea. Kidzels come in 5 fun shapes, a house, car, airplane, dog and person .... great shapes for fun games while you're munchin' ... Yeah, it's okay to play with your food in this case. Best of all, Kidzels are nutritious ... no, we're not saying that just for your Mom's sake.”
Online store: Buy Pretzels on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- All Bachman (26 snacks)
- Pretzels (555 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (395 snacks)
- Honey Snacks (155 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2002
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road