Pret Hand Cooked Cheddar & Chive Crisps
Taste test: These are thick, crunchy, dark kettle-style chips with a generous helping of chives spread all over them, along with a very mild cheddar cheese taste.
They leave a lot of powdery residue on your fingers. Taste is about average, but they do win some points for being particularly crunchy.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: It really does smell like cheddar and chives.
From the package: “A New Yorker called George Crum invented the crisp in 1853. 'Crum's Crisps' ... or so legend has it. We find 'bold' potatoes made especially for good crisps. They are bigger than average on account of being grown for longer and with plenty of space between them. We slice our potatoes particularly thick to ensure maximum crispness. We then hand cook our crisps, changing the oil frequently. Dirty or burnt oil would of course taint the taste of the crisps and ruin the seasoning and natural flavors we use.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from the UK (328 reviews)
- Potato Chips (2004 snacks)
- Cheddar Snacks (421 snacks)
- Chive Chips (21 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Keith and Melissa in London. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road