Pret Hand Cooked Curry Crisps
Taste test: These are good curry chips.
They're very thick and crunchy, with the texture of a kettle-style chip (except much thicker than your typical one), with a good (but not at all hot) curry flavor. The chips are sufficiently thick that you can taste the potato, as well as the curry, paricularly if you eat several chips in succession.
Shop: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good, very strong curry smell.
From the package: “A New Yorker called George Crum invented the crisp in 1853. 'Crum's Crisps' ... or so legend has it. We find 'bold' potatoes made especially for good crisps. They are bigger than average on account of being grown for longer and with plenty of space between them. We slice our potatoes particularly thick to ensure maximum crispness. We then hand cook our crisps, changing the oil frequently. Dirty or burnt oil would of course taint the taste of the crisps and ruin the seasoning and natural flavors we use.”
Online store: Buy potato chips on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Keith and Melissa in London. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road