Taco Town rules!
By Jeremy Selwyn
Chief Snacks Officer
This week's Saturday Night Live (Oct. 8, 2005, the one with Ashlee Simpson not getting caught lip-syncing) had an ad for Taco Town's new multi-layer creation. Here's how they make it:
- Start with a crunchy all-beef taco smothered in nacho cheese, lettuce, tomato and our special southwestern sauce.
- Wrap it in a soft flour tortilla with a layer of refried beans in between.
- Wrap that in a savory corn tortilla with a midlle layer of monterey jack cheese.
- Take a deep-fried gordita shell, smear on a layer of our special guacamolito sauce, and wrap that around the outside.
- Bake it in a corn husk filled with pico de gallo, then wrap that in an authentic Parisian crepe, filled with egg, gruyere, merguez sausage and portabello mushrooms.
- Wrap the whole thing in a Chicago-style deep dish meat-lover's pizza.
- Roll it up in a blueberry panacke, dip it in batter, and deep fry until it's golden brown.
- Serve it in commemorative tote bag filled with spicy vegetarian chili.
The unfortunate thing here is that Taco Town is just a fictional fast-food chain. Lately it seems like most of the fast-food chains are spending all their effort counting calories and adding more salads and fruit cups to their menus, rather than making a bold decision to create something truly tasty like Taco Town has.
Bravo, Taco Town!
More About Mexican Food
- Can Taco Bell haunt us with Ghost Pepper?
- Me Versus the Volcano
- The Great Taco Scam
- Taco Bell tests PayPass system
- Taco Bell jumps on the taquitos bandwagon
- Lunchables tries to Mess With Your Mouth
More About Fast Food
- Hold the chicken!
- Mac n' Cheetos comes to BK's deep fryer
- Doritos Loaded arrives at 7-Eleven
- Taco Bell adds Cool Ranch version of Doritos tacos
- Bacon joins dessert at Burger King
- Locos Tacos bring Doritos taste to tacos
- Doubling Down on this KFC sandwich
- Running success? It's gotta be the Chick-fil-A
- Chicken McNuggets: 25 years of dunkable chicken
- McDonald's Ode to Chick-fil-A: I'm (Not) Lovin' It
- Taste test: KFC's "Original" Chicken Strips
- Wendys shows us the beef (and bacon)
- Great Bowls of Lameness
- Phoenix rises from the ashes of Krispy Kreme
- Hail Taco Bell! Chicken Caesar Burrito rocks!
- Shamrock Shake and Cherry Pies at McDonald's
- The Joy of the Crunchwrap Supreme
- The Day the Doughnuts Died
- Where have all the fries gone?