Taste test: These small, circular cakes took the same form factor as the conventional Ding Dongs, but they subbed out two of the three elements. The milk chocolate coating became a white fudge coating, and the Devil's Food interior became a yellow cake. The original creme filling remained. With the chocolate ones, I've never noticed any hint of the interior visible through the coating, but in this case, the fudge coating looked transparent in places, with hints of the yellow cake showing through. There were 10 pieces in the box, each individually wrapped in clear cellophane with the Hostess logo all over it.
I bit in to find a great soft feel, with a great mix of sweet tastes and creaminess from the filling. Excellent.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Fairly mild, but a good sweet cake-and-frosting smell.
From the package: “White fudge covered golden cake with creamy filling”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road