Taste test: This box contained a dozen individually wrapped "pies" (which were really more like cookies in terms of size). Each one was very thin but fairly big (as cookies go, not pies) at about 2-1/2 inches in diameter, with a chocolate coating over the whole exterior. Unlike the one pictured on the box, we could not see the words "Crown Vicpie Biscuit" on the exteriors of the actual cookies, nor the elaborate designs around the edge, but there were two concentric circles of indentations.
We crunched in to find a light crunch and a very crumbly feel. There seemed to be two brittle, almost-white cookie layers on top and bottom, with a strawberry layer in between, but the strawberry was hard to see, as it didn't at all resemble the thick, liquidy filling pictured in the cut-open profile pie the box. The outer layers also didn't look like the yellow cake-like ones shown in the picture. As a result of the crumbly texture, the pies made a lot of crumbs, but the texture and taste were pretty good.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Sweet strawberry and chocolate smell.
From the package: “with Chocolate & Strawberry jam” ... ” 'BIG' size” ... “UPGrade!”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Korea (143 reviews)
- Fruit Snacks (444 snacks)
- Sandwiches (285 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (206 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2015
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Raylicious Soft Cookies Chocolate Chip
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road