Taste test: These round cakes were fairly large, at over 3 inches in diameter, but each individually wrapped piece sure felt light to hold.
I bit into my first cake to find very low density, nearly white cake beneath the chocolate coating on the top and bottom, with a thin creme layer, very light yellow in color, in the center. It was really, really good, with a rich flavor and very light feel, with plenty of cake to go around from just one of the six pieces in the box. Mmmmm!
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Good chocolate smell.
From the package: “the Original” ... “Vachon is part of the Saputo family of products” ... “Product of Canada” ... “Our brand ... your guarantee of satisfaction” ... “6 Cakes Individually wrapped”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Canada (346 reviews)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (206 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2013
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road