Taste test: This large waffle had the usual wide grid found in Belgian waffles, with a golden beige color. The feel was fairly dense, as it took some pressure to cut it with a fork to break it apart.
I bit in to find a good taste, pretty mild in the sweetness department, but it did indeed have some crunchy pearl sugar embedded into the dough as promised. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild, slightly sweet.
From the package: “No Syrup Needed” ... “Imported from Belgium” ... “Kosher Parve” ... “Also known as a Liege Waffle, this rich and sweet tree dates back to the 18th century. Pearl Sugar is unique to the area surrounding the city of Liege, Belgium. These pearl shaped crystals keep their crunch even after baking — providing pleasing pockets of crunchy sweetness.” ... “Serving size 1 Waffle” ... “Calories 450”
Online store: Buy snacks on Amazon #ad
Company: The Run-A-Ton Group, Inc.
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Belgium (27 reviews)
- Breakfast snacks (70 snacks)
- Waffles (31 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Coco Goods Coconut Chips Chocolate
- Landmark Confections Mini Fudge Marshmallow Cookies
- Ghirardelli Milk Chocolate Caramel
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road