Taste test: This box contained nine individually wrapped Twinkies, with a white coating that had a fair number of red candy bits on the surface. (Nine of them? What is it lately about odd numbers of snacks packaged together?) Each one was a bit smaller than your standard Twinkie.
I bit in to find that the sugary coating was fairly thin, but also dense enough to make it feel slightly chewy and not Twinkie-like. The red pieces also added a very light crunch. The was a very mild mint taste (which the box said came from the creme filling, contrary to my assumption that the red things contained the mint), and when combined with the white fudge coating, it was enough to make the overall taste not that much like a Twinkie.
The combination of the coating, candies, yellow cake and slightly minty creme filling was pretty good, but all in all, this one was not a standout. I think I'd rather have a regular Twinkie.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild peppermint smell, but good.
From the package: “White fudge covered sponge cake with creamy peppermint filling” ... “9 Individually Wrapped Cakes” ... “Limited edition!”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Twinkies (14 snacks)
- All Hostess (43 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (205 snacks)
- Mints (163 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2016
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
- Pringles Scorchin' Chili & Lime
- Tortrix Con Chicharrón
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road