Taste test: This box contained nine individually wrapped Twinkies, with a white coating that had a fair number of red candy bits on the surface. (Nine of them? What is it lately about odd numbers of snacks packaged together?) Each one was a bit smaller than your standard Twinkie.
I bit in to find that the sugary coating was fairly thin, but also dense enough to make it feel slightly chewy and not Twinkie-like. The red pieces also added a very light crunch. The was a very mild mint taste (which the box said came from the creme filling, contrary to my assumption that the red things contained the mint), and when combined with the white fudge coating, it was enough to make the overall taste not that much like a Twinkie.
The combination of the coating, candies, yellow cake and slightly minty creme filling was pretty good, but all in all, this one was not a standout. I think I'd rather have a regular Twinkie.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild peppermint smell, but good.
From the package: “White fudge covered sponge cake with creamy peppermint filling” ... “9 Individually Wrapped Cakes” ... “Limited edition!”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Lay's Zhou Hei Ya Spicy Braised Duck Neck
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Treats
- Speedy Choice Kettle Cooked Sweet Thai Chili Premium Waffle Chips
- Danix Choco-Choco
- Hide & Seek Black Bourbon Crème Sandwich Vanilla
- Krackjack Butter Masala
- Trolli Sour Watermelon Sharks
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road