Taste test: This box contained 10 Twinkies with a special color scheme, individually packaged in clear wrappers bearing the Hostess logo. The Red and Blue were represented by small spots of those colors throughout the yellow cake exterior. The blue was more of a teal, not the shade that I usually associate with Red, White and Blue, and the Red was a very bright red.
The sponge cake remained yellow, so the White was from the usual white filling and wasn't even visible until biting in — but twist my arm, I'm willing to do that! When I did, it seemed like the usual Twinkies taste, which I like a lot. There did seem to be a lot of creme filling, maybe more of it than they typically pack into a Twinkie. If they could have made the sponge cake white, it might have these more visually interesting, but still, they were Twinkies, so, still good.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Regular Twinkies smell.
From the package: “10 Individually Wrapped Cakes” ... “Golden sponge cake with creamy filling” ... “Limited Edition”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Twinkies (14 snacks)
- All Hostess (43 snacks)
- Limited Editions (414 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (202 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road