Taste test: Even after eating many other pumpkin spice snacks in recent weeks, I was surprised and thrilled when I spotted this one at my favorite grocery store. There's just something special about Twinkies.
When I opened the box and pulled out my first individually wrapped Twinkie, I was surprised again to find that it looked like an ordinary Twinkie, with the same yellow cake and (it appeared) even the same white filling spilling out of three holes in the bottom. But when I unwrapped it and bit in, I found that the filling wasn't quite white — there was a slight pink tint to it, but far less pinkness than it showed in the picture on the box. The filling wasn't strongly pumpkin spiced; instead, it tasted like a mix of regular Twinkies filling and pumpkin spice. Nothing extraordinary, but a solid effort by Twinkies. Pretty good.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild pumpkin spice smell, but good.
From the package: “Limited Edition” ... “Golden sponge cake with pumpkin spice”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Twinkies (14 snacks)
- All Hostess (43 snacks)
- Limited Editions (414 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (202 snacks)
- Pumpkin snacks (55 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road