Taste test: This special edition of Twinkies followed in the color traditions of peppermint candies, with a red cake and white filling. (They should not be confused with the White Peppermint version, which had yellow cake, white filling and a white chocolate coating.)
I bit in to find there was essentially no mint at all. It tasted like a regular Twinkie, albeit with a very different color.
The big plus here was that the box included 10 cakes instead of just nine for those coated ones. The big minus was that a snack cake that claimed to be peppermint-flavored didn't taste minty at all.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Just the mildest hint of mint (and even that, I might have been imagining). Smelled mostly like a Twinkie.
From the package: “Limited edition”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- Cannoli Chips Powdered Sugar
- 7 Select Loco Rollers Habanero + Lime
- Yum Earth Organic Gummy Fruits
- Lay's Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Wanted Pops Wafer
- Churros Cacau do Brasil
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Lemon & Pepper
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road