Taste test: This version of Twinkies looked like the original ones from the outside, with the signature yellow cake — except that the three creme-filling holes on the bottom were orange instead of white. The orange was bright, but it was on the pinkish end of the scale of orange colors.
I bit in to find a whole lot of that filling, and it did taste like the orange part of a Creamsicle. The overall taste of yellow Twinkie cake and orange filling was a bit less of a match some other Creamsicle-wannabe snacks. Eating it alongside sips of cold milk brought it closer to the Creamsicle sensation, and I'd highly recommend doing it that way, because without the milk, it just wasn't all that good of a taste.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Definitely a lot like a Creamsicle, but I could notice a strong hint of the typical Twinkies smell as well.
From the package: “limited edition!” ... “Golden sponge cake with artificially flavored orange crème filling” ... “Product enlarged to show detail”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Banshee Bones
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Snickers Peanut Brownie
- Hostess Donettes Hot Cocoa & Marshmallow
- Hostess Twinkies Mint Chocolate
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road