Taste test: This limited flavor of Twinkies started with the change introduced in the Chocolate Cake version, which swapped out the standard yellow cake for chocolate cake while keeping the standard filling, and then expanded on it by replacing the filling with a light green minty one. The green filling could also be seen through the three filling holes on the bottom of each Twinkie, but oddly, some stray filling scattered around the rest of the bottom was white, not green.
I bit in to find the usual soft Twinkies feel and a generous amount of the green filling, a nice combination for this big fan of combining chocolate and mint. Not the greatest chocolate mint snack ever, but far mintier than the peppermint version and still a solid addition to the Twinkies lineup.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Nice mild mint chocolate smell.
From the package: “Chocolate sponge cake with mint creamy filling” ... “Liminted Edition”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Hostess (43 snacks)
- All Twinkies (14 snacks)
- Chocolate (1806 snacks)
- Limited Editions (419 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (206 snacks)
- Mints (163 snacks)
- Snacks reviewed in 2020
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Tostitos Holiday Bite Size Tortilla Chips
- Bean Boozled Fiery Five Challenge
- Raylicious Carrot Cake
- Kettle Chips Crispy Bacon & Maple Syrup with Norfolk Bacon
- Raylicious Rice Treats
- Chips Ahoy! made with Reese's Mini Pieces
- Lotus Biscoff & Go
- Rap Snacks Icon Notorious B.I.G. Honey Jalapeño Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road