Taste test: Fresh on the heels of the revolutionary Chocolate Cake Twinkies comes yet another new flavor, this time building on the concept of the chocolate cake ones, but for the first time in Twinkies history, using a peanut butter-based filling.
From the outside, they looked mostly like the chocolate ones, but I could see some of the orangish brown filling peering through the three holes at the bottom, a big contrast to the white filling that came before.
I bit in to find the usual nice soft Twinkies feel, with a very creamy feel and mild peanut butter taste from the filling. It was a good combination, but there seemed to be a lot less of the filling than shown in the cross-section picture on the box. More would have been better. It seemed to be the same filling used in the Peanut Butter Ho Ho's, but they weren't as generous with the filling in this case. Little Debbie also did a cake similar to this (except coated in chocolate too) that didn't skimp on the filling. We want more PB filling!
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: More chocolate than peanut butter.
From the package: “Chocolate cake with peanut butter creamy filling” ... “10 individually wrapped cakes”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
- All Twinkies (13 snacks)
- All Hostess (41 snacks)
- Chocolate (1775 snacks)
- Peanut Butter Snacks (345 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (200 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road