Taste test: Twinkies finally did it — after flirting with chocolate a few times by filling a Twinkie with chocolate creme and coating a Twinkie with chocolate, they actually replaced their signature yellow cake with a chocolate one.
The chocolate Twinkies appeared to be the same size and shape as the regular ones, with a very dark brown color and the same three filling holes on the bottom, providing more contrast in this case.
I bit in to find that there was lots of creme filling and a pretty good taste, but frankly, the cake just didn't provide all that much chocolate. Certainly less than those two previous chocolate versions. It didn't taste the same as a yellow Twinkie, but if I'd eaten one of these in the dark without knowing what it was, I doubt I would have correctly named the intended flavor as chocolate.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Very mild chocolate cake smell, befinitely different from the yellow Twinkies.
From the package: “Chocolate cake with creamy filling” ... “10 individually wrapped cakes”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Hostess Brands, LLC
Categories for this snack:
This snack was discovered by Jeremy at Market Basket. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Unique Belgique Pearl Sugar Belgian Waffle
- Karamucho Corn Snacks Spicy Curry
- Koloko Pea Crackers Extreme Spicy
- Calbee Grill-A-Corn Hot & Spicy
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road