Taste test: This clear wrapper held a somewhat banana-shaped snack cake sitting on a clear plastic tray. The cake had a pale, yellowish beige color, far lighter than any ripe banana I've seen, and it was less than 4 inches long, so shorter than just about every banana. It had a domed top and flat bottom, with just a slight curvature along its length. It was about and inch and a half wide at the widest point and about an inch thick at its thickest.
I bit in to find a very soft feel to the cake, then was surprised to encounter a very generous amount of custardy cream filling. The cake surrounding the filling was quite thin, but it somehow managed to contain the filling from leaking out and making a mess prior to eating. It tasted pretty good, more custard than banana in terms of flavor, but a nice banana taste too. Very good!
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, sweet, sort of banana-like smell, not exactly like a real banana, but better than your typical fake banana candy.
From the package: “People gather to TOKYO from here and there with memories of their home. And then, TOKYO gets everyone's home town. TOKYO BANANA” ... “From Tokyo to all over the country” ... “Since 1991”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (169 reviews)
- Fruit Snacks (429 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (383 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (194 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Scott Yellow Goldstein. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Lay's Flavor Icons Chile Relleno
- Takis Blue Heat
- Lay's Flavor Icons Nashville Hot Chicken
- StarKist Tuna Creations Ranch
- Elite PesekZman Wafer Rolls
- Walkers Stax Sour Cream & Onion
- Toppo Cheese Tart
- Elite PesekZman Big Bite
- Late July Organic Sea Salt Thin & Crispy Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips
- Shirakiku Cinema Popcorn Hot Spicy
What We're Eating
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road