Taste test: This clear wrapper held a somewhat banana-shaped snack cake sitting on a clear plastic tray. The cake had a pale, yellowish beige color, far lighter than any ripe banana I've seen, and it was less than 4 inches long, so shorter than just about every banana. It had a domed top and flat bottom, with just a slight curvature along its length. It was about and inch and a half wide at the widest point and about an inch thick at its thickest.
I bit in to find a very soft feel to the cake, then was surprised to encounter a very generous amount of custardy cream filling. The cake surrounding the filling was quite thin, but it somehow managed to contain the filling from leaking out and making a mess prior to eating. It tasted pretty good, more custard than banana in terms of flavor, but a nice banana taste too. Very good!
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild, sweet, sort of banana-like smell, not exactly like a real banana, but better than your typical fake banana candy.
From the package: “People gather to TOKYO from here and there with memories of their home. And then, TOKYO gets everyone's home town. TOKYO BANANA” ... “From Tokyo to all over the country” ... “Since 1991”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Categories for this snack:
- Snacks from Japan (170 reviews)
- Fruit Snacks (439 snacks)
- Snacks Shaped Like Things (389 snacks)
- Snack Cakes (200 snacks)
This snack was discovered by Scott Yellow Goldstein. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Takis Blue Heat
- Banshee Bones
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Doritos Late Night All Nighter Cheeseburger
- Andy Capp's Salsa Fries
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Garlic Grilled Shrimp
- Cadina All Natural Potato Chips Curry Flavor
- Welch's Red Apple Chips
- Frooze Balls Peanut Butter & Jelly
- 7-Select Strawberry Jelly Peanut Butter Cups
- Bumble Bee Seafoods Wild Caught Tuna Roasted Garlic & Herb
- Lil' Dutch Maid Iced Oatmeal Cookies
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road