Tastykake Strawberry Mini Donuts
Taste test: These small donuts looked largely like regular powdered donuts from the outside, but there were a few tiny reddish spots here and there showing through the generous powdered sugar coating. I bit in to find a nice soft feel and a very mild strawberry-like taste. The powdered sugar stayed on the doughnut fairly well, as it was far less messy than I had anticipated.
As for taste. we've had plenty of snacks with stronger and more authentic strawberry flavor (though this was the first strawberry donut we've ever reviewed). It was bit on the sweet side.
When we tried to share these around among some snackers, it was a tough sell — some people weren't even interested in trying, citing the strawberry. Those who did generally thought they were OK, but there wasn't much enthusiasm.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mostly like regular powdered donuts, but a hint of berry.
From the package: “Made Deliciously Since 1914” ... “Naturally and artificially flavored” ... “Spring exclusive”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Tasty Baking Company
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Rice Krispies Treats SpongeBob Limited Edition
- Taco Bell Cheddar Crisps Nacho Flavor
- Utz Pourables Mini Cheddar Cheese Balls
- 7-Select Creamy Caramel Peanut Butter Cups
- Today Donut
- Wegmans WOs Halloween Double Filled Chocolate Sandwich Crème Cookies
- Gingerbread Oreo (2020)
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road