Tastykake Salted Caramel Mini Donuts
Taste test: These donuts were indeed small, but they were not quite as mini as some of the other packaged donuts we've seen. They had a fairly light color, with a bunch of clumpy, sugary-looking stuff on the surfaces. We opened the bag to find that some of the donuts had deformed shapes; it appeared to be a packaging issue, as some donuts near the side of the bag had some of the surfaces flattened to conform to the shape of the package.
We bit in to find that the donuts were fairly dense but still had a nice soft feel. The salted caramel surface was pretty mild, without much in the way of salt to taste, but the flavor was quite good. Several of the snackers with whom we shared some compared the taste to pancakes.
Shop: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Smell test: Mild caramel smell. Nice.
From the package: “Limited Edition!” ... “Made Deliciously Since 1914” ... “From the Flowers Family of Bakers” ... “Our Tasty Commitment: The Tastykake brand was founded on quality and freshness. Our bakers have been delivering on those principles since 1914. Superior bakery products are the basis of our century long legacy and promise for the future.”
Online store: Buy snack cakes on Amazon #ad
Company: Tasty Baking Company
Categories for this snack:
This snack was contributed to Taquitos.net by the manufacturer. Review published .
Most popular reviews
- Banshee Bones
- Takis Blue Heat
- Moon Lodge The Whole Shabang Potato Chips
- Granny Goose Tortillos
- Lay's Flavor Icons Wavy Carnitas Street Taco
- Guinness Caramel Chocolate
- Snyder's of Hanover Rounds Butter Flavored
- Clancy's Roasted Sweet Corn Popcorn
- StarKist Bold Creations Microwavables Tuna Spicy Rice & Beans
- Milka Daim
- Clancy's White Cheddar Cheese Popcorn
- Non Stop Munchies Spices Treat Potato Chips
What We're Eating
- Finally, Cheetos-branded mac & cheese!
- Lay's gets a new logo
- What does Chewbacca eat?
- Dirt Cake: What do kids think?
- The George Lucas Diet
- The long and crunchy road